Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 5: Medieval Statues

The days have been rather hectic between the crazy pace that our professor has us going at, plus the actual socialization I've managed to do (I know, a write socializing, call the presses), but as I look through my pictures I try to put them together to see what I focused on that day.

Today, we went to Notre Dame, THE Notre Dame seeing as there are apparently a whole bunch of OTHER Notre Dame's that aren't the one that your thinking of. And as I looked through the pictures, I immediately noticed what was the thing I liked the most about the church.

Welcome to Notre Dame

The statues.

The statues in Notre Dame range from the funny, to the awe inspiring to the WTF, and here is a small collection of the ones I enjoyed the most.

Just look at the badass on the right

This was on the doorway. Welcoming, no? 
Ravens!

St Denise, First Bishop, Saint McHeadless. He's everywhere

Lobster. Need I say more?

Is it an eagle? A lIon? A gryffin? The lack of nose disturbs me.

He looks like he just saw something horrible, like a riot, or a flasher.

Thinker Gargoyle

YAY Elephants. They can't all be monsters

Surprised Eagle!

And my favorite, Om Nom Nommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment