Wednesday, June 1, 2011

An Introduction


Photo from Flickr and the Brooklyn Museum[Link]
Paris, the city of lights, the city of love, and the city where I'm going to have my first foray into the great wide world in more than one sense. 

To start, this is my first time introducing myself to the internet. Hello Internet (and those who dwell here), My name is Astrid and I'm a 3rd year Liberal Studies student from South Florida. I'm participating in a study abroad program at my school for the month of July and while I have travelled before, even been to France before, this will be a trip unlike any other I've had.

For starters, it will be my first time staying away from my family. I chose to save money by going to a smaller (cheaper) local college for my undergraduate degree and for that reason I've never moved out of the house. Since I'm in no hurry to get rid of my parents, and my parents are in no rush to boot me out of the nest, I find myself in a precarious position: wanting the freedoms afforded by stepping out on your own, but not feeling ready for all the risks involved. 

Which is why this month long stay in Paris will be my own little adventure in independence, as strange as that probably sounds. 

This is also my little adventure into blogging. For the two weeks leading up to a planned family vacation, I will try to blog about the preparations for the trip. Then there will be a two week (probable) black-out where an internet connection will be a big maybe for me. 

On July 1st, the daily blogging will begin. From the 1st to the 29th, I will write about my experiences as a study abroad student, and just a young woman spending almost 30 days in Paris.

I hope that my posts will be of some interest, and that you'll be able to follow me along for the time we'll have. 

Au revoir

No comments:

Post a Comment